Dec 7, 2012

Zombicide: Initial impressions

Hello all,
As I mentioned earlier, I was one of the lucky ones who backed the game Zombicide (produced by Cool Mini or Not and Guillotine Games) on Kickstarter. After a lenghty discussion with the Danish custom authorities (argh!) I finally got the game home this weekend and thought I would just share my initial impressions with you guys.
Also, weirdly enough, the game arrived on the same day we threw a Zombie birthday party for my son - hence the picture below:

The blogger considering whether or not to slay this young zombie - notice the T-shirt :-).


So, initial impressions (I'm planning on painting a few zombies tonight and playtesting the game with a few friends next week, so stay tuned!)...
* The game looks and feels amazing. High quality and tons of details.
* The rules seem well-written (a few errors and discontinuities aside) and simple enough to produce a great cinematic game, without having to look up every last move in the process.
* The ton of miniatures are of an adequate detail level (I'll know better once I get a few painted). The soft plastic doesn't seem an issue. They seem to be quite tall - i.e. Games Workshop tall. And the amount of minis is just stupefying - especially with the Abomination add-on I bought.
* Also, I cannot help but be amazed at the skill with which they have packed so much content into the box - quite ingenious.
* All the extra stuff are fine - T-shirt seems of good quality, the print is fine (although what I'm going to do with that I do not know, not like the wife will allow that on the wall....),a nd the extra die are cool.
* The only minor issue I have so far is that the cards (items, random events etc) are a bit small - they seem to disappear in my hands, and I would have preferred regular sized cards. But once the zombies start pounding on the door I don't really think that will be something you worry about too much.

The contents of the box (including the Abomination additions). My own camera ate the picture so this one is stolen from www.goodreads.com/author/show/5151420.Michael_Langlois/blog who wrote a review of the game


So far, it seems a brilliant game, with great miniatures, and I cannot wait to try it out.

All the best,
Kasper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...